There are many smart home solutions on the market, ranging from smart thermostats, smart speakers, and other high tech home automation. All of these smart products are there to make your home and life more accessible. But, what about when you’re at work or out of town? A smart home speaker can hardly protect your home! Fortunately, that’s when a smart home security system comes in handy.
Smart security systems are designed to monitor and protect your home 24/7. While traditional security companies keep tabs on your home security, smart security systems let your eyes and ears be in control.
However, there isn’t just one type of smart home security system on the market. There are dozens of smart home security systems out there, all of them claiming to be number one. Instead of trying to find the best smart home security on your own, we’ve taken the time to round up our favorite smart security systems, so you don’t have to.
Ready to find the perfect smart home security system for your home? Then read on to see which brands are our favorites for home security and what makes smart security better than the average security system.
What makes smart home security so secure?
Smart home security can effectively monitor a home because of its ability to connect to other smart home devices. With a secure wifi connection, your smart security system can interact with other smart home devices like smart doorbells, locks, and sensors, keeping your home safe 24/7. By integrating multiple smart home devices into your security system, your smart home security system will be smarter and more secure in the long run.
Communicating with other smart devices means your security system can turn on lights when you want, giving everyone the impression that you’re home while you’re away. It also keeps track of who rings the doorbell while you’re gone, so you know who’s coming and going throughout the day.
The best part of smart home security? It’s easily accessible! Today’s smart home security systems have a mobile app that allows you to monitor, update, and control your home security from anywhere. You can receive notifications throughout the day, ensuring that your home stays protected while you’re gone. Want additional security? You can add, customize, and construct a smart security system to be what you want.
Between motion sensors, security cameras, still footage, and other smart capabilities, your home is going to be more secure than ever.
How to buy a smart home security system
Finding the best smart home security system is easier said than done. With so many choices on the market, it’s essential to think about what you value most in a smart security system. Before buying a smart home security system, you have to consider a few factors:
- Price point
- For many, smart home security might seem out of reach because of their budget. However, home automation doesn’t have to be overly expensive. Before purchase, consider your overall price point, and choose the best option that matches your budget.
- If you opt into remote monitoring for additional security, there is an additional monthly or yearly fee to consider. This extra peace of mind is great but might not be ideal if you have a strict budget.
- Home automation compatibility
- While all smart security systems are home automation compatible, some systems might be more Amazon friendly than Google. It’s essential to invest in a security system that’s compatible with your existing door lock, doorbell, and other smart home devices so you can experience the best connection possible.
- If a smart security system takes hours to assemble, it might not be worth your while. Find a security system that has a straightforward installation and can be used with ease. Also, consider your comfort with technology. If you’re a tech expert, a complex system won’t be a challenge. If not, go for something simple and easy to navigate.
- An apartment doesn’t need the same home security system as a two-story home. Depending on your home’s layout and security requirements, purchase a system that corresponds to your needs.
- DIY vs. Professional
- Some smart home security systems are easy to install, while others are not. Consider if you want to hire home automation experts, like the technicians at Carolina Custom Sound, or would like to do it yourself. Home automation professionals can be very informative and set up complex smart security systems with ease, so you don’t have to work alone.
Once you narrow down your smart security system preferences, you’ll go from dozens of choices to a handful of brands that match your needs and are compatible with other smart home automation devices.
The best smart home security systems
Now that we’ve discussed how smart security systems work, let’s take a closer look at the best smart home security systems.
If you want a reliable smart home security system, Control4 is the smart home solution for you. Control4 is known for its wide range of whole-home automation systems, home theater solutions, and other smart home devices. If the idea of a well-rounded home automation system sounds exciting, then their smart home security system is a must-have.
Control4’s smart home security system comes with a wide range of devices, such as:
- Smart cameras
- Smart sensors
- Smart door locks
- Smart doorbells
- Smart programming and controls
All of these devices are controlled remotely so that you can check in on your home from your phone. Monitoring video footage, seeing who’s at the door, and keeping an eye on the kids once they’re home from school is easier than ever.
The best part? As a Control4 dealer, Carolina Custom Sound can integrate your smart home security system with any existing Control4 products.
Nest is one of the best-known home automation systems on the market, and it’s not surprising why. Google Nest offers a well-rounded line of smart home products, ranging from smart speakers, temperature thermostats, and smart home hubs. In addition to its indoor products, Nest has highly secured easy to control smart security devices.
Google Nest currently offers a line of indoor and outdoor security products, such as:
- Nest Guard
- Nest Protect
- Nest Tag
- Nest Indoor and Outdoor Cameras
- Nest x Yale Lock
- Nest Hello Smart Doorbell
Together, these products create a state of the art smart security system that is easy to control and effortlessly programmed to work together. Not to mention, it’s Google Home compatible, so you can receive updates the minute you walk through the door.
As one of the more cost-effective options on our list, Nest is ideal for homeowners who are newer to home automation and would like the opportunity to add on products as they see fit.
Vivint is one of the most popular smart home security systems for several reasons. Known for its innovative technology and compatibility, Vivint designs its products to be intelligent, easy to use, and highly secure.
Vivint has a wide range of smart home security products, ranging from smart cameras to doorbells. Some of Vivint’s featured products include:
- Doorbell and Outdoor Cameras
- Smart Door locks
- Burglar Detection
- Garage Door Control
- Easy to use mobile app
Plus, Vivint is compatible with smart home hubs to use your home technology with ease. Whether you’re at work or out of town, Vivint makes it easy to keep tabs on your home.
These smart security brands are recognized for their innovation, compatibility, and simplicity, making them the best in our books. Plus, their smart design and device compatibility mean you won’t have to worry about a complicated installation. As experienced smart security installers, we understand that it takes time to find a smart security solution that works best for you. If you’d like to learn more before installing a smart home security system, contact Carolina Custom Sound today for more smart security solutions.
What smart security devices should you install?
Finding a smart home security system you like isn’t the only thing you need to consider before smart security installation. Many components go into a smart security system – the key is finding the ones that suit your needs!
If you want a well rounded, state of the art smart security system, then you’ll need to install:
- Smart security cameras
- These are ideal for monitoring the inside and outside of your home at all times, and you can view live footage of your cameras the second they detect something.
- Smart lock
- With a smart door lock, you can unlock your door the second you return home or from the car by using your mobile phone.
- Smart lights
- Give the illusion of being home with smart lights by setting automatic timers within your smart lighting system.
- Smart doorbell
- See who’s at the front door with ease, thanks to a smart video doorbell. Video doorbells are perfect for monitoring your home, packages, and visitors from anywhere.
Install a smart home security system with the professionals
If you’re ready to install a smart home security system, no one can get the job done quite like Carolina Custom Sound. We’re well known for our home automation and home theater services, but we’re also smart security savvy.
Our smart security installation process is simple – we tackle all the hard stuff, so you don’t have to. First, we’ll address your security needs, locate the best places for cameras and sensors, and get to work. After installation, we’ll download the compatible smart home security app and demonstrate how it works so that you can navigate your system with ease.
If you’re looking for smart home security solutions in Winston Salem, Greensboro, High Point, Clemmons, and areas local to the Piedmont Triad, look no further than Carolina Custom Sound.
Ready to discover more innovative smart home solutions? At Carolina Custom Sound, the home automation possibilities are endless – just review all our residential automation services for yourself! With home automation by your side, life instantly becomes easier and more accessible.